Interested in Getting Involved Next Year?Several important reminders for tonight...
1. Haven't bought a ticket yet? Tickets will be on sale tonight at the door for $20 each, so come to the Carolina Alumni Center tonight from 8-Midnight. You do not need a date to attend!
2. Already have your ticket? Make sure you bring it with you! You will have to buy a new ticket if you do not bring yours with you.
3. Based on ticket sales, we are on pace to have our largest Barrister's Ball ever! That said, our contract with the Alumni Center states that if anyone is caught bringing in alcohol, they reserve the right to shut down the entire party. Have lots of fun tonight, but please do not bring in outside alcohol. If the party is shut down because you or your guest brought in alcohol, you may find yourself with a bill of almost $10,000 to pay for all the expenses lost. Enjoy a great party tonight, but please do not ruin it to for your friends and classmates.
4. The bar tonight is a cash bar only, so come prepared.
5. Casino tables will be available from 8-11.
6. We will have a raffle at 11:45. You must be present to win and we will have the raffle tickets available at the front table. When you are done at the casino tables you may cash in the markers that the dealers will give you for raffle tickets. For each $100 you have, you will get one raffle ticket. We will round to the nearest 100.
7. Be Safe! Remember not to drink and drive. There is a new service in Chapel Hill to make sure you get home safely called Zingo. We are simply providing this information to you.
How it works: If you drive tonight and then realize driving home is not a good idea, take a Zingo ride. Zingo employees drive to your location (any bar in Chapel Hill or Barrister's Ball, on motorbikes, they fold up the bike, toss it in your car and drive you home safely. The number is 877.NO.DUI.NC (663-8462). The average wait time for a Zingo ride is 10-15 minutes. Pricing is $10 pickup for the 1st two miles then $3 per mile after that. Check out the website at: www.zingotriangle.com.
SBA ElectionsSBA Elections are coming! Elections for the 2009-10 year will be held on Tuesday, March 3.
The following positions will be available:
SBA President, Vice President, Treasurer, Secretary.
3L President and two Class Officers.
2L President and two Class Officers.
Interested in running? We will be holding two information sessions next week and attendance to one of the two is mandatory to run.
You can also learn more about SBA and the election by looking at the SBA Constitution and Bylaws at www.unc.edu/sba.
Please check the daily announcements for exact dates of the informational meetings.
The University has informed us that graduation will be held
at 5pm at the Dean Dome. You can get all the information you need for
this year's festivities at:
The 3L Class Gift Election is coming up on Tuesday, February 10th, and we hope all 3Ls will take the time to participate. The election will be held online via My Carolina Law from 8:00am - 5:00pm. The following link will take you directly to the voting site: https://my.law.unc.edu/studentlife/classgift/
After you login with your onyen, you will have the opportunity to vote for one of the three possible gift options described below. If you have any questions, please email Sara Coughlin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
(1) Class of 2009 Bar Application Fund: Class gift contributions will be used to establish a fund to provide need-based grants to students applying for bar admission to any state. Specifically, these grants will provide students with the funds to pay bar application fees. (Details of such grants, including the application process and selection committee, will be determined and voted upon by the Class Gift Committee, if this gift option is chosen.)
(2) Miss Betty Degreffenreid Building Fund: Class gift contributions will be used to name a space in the new law school building at Carolina North (snack shop, student store, or other similarly used space) in honor of Miss Betty. All funds raised by the Class of 2009 for this endeavor will be placed into an endowed fund that will support initial building construction, as well as continued maintenance and upgrades over the years.
(3) Class of 2009/Lisa Moran Study Abroad Scholarship Fund: Class gift contributions will be used to provide partial scholarships to UNC Law students to help fund their study abroad experience during law school. The Fund will be named in memory of Lisa Moran, an exchange student from Glasgow University in Scotland, who died tragically in May while completing her semester at UNC Law. (Details of such scholarships, including the application process and selection committee, will be determined and voted upon by the Class Gift Committee, if this gift option is chosen.)
Please Remember: You must vote on Tuesday from 8am-5pm.
Bar Review (2/12) - 8:30pm - Local 506 featuring Prof. Eric Muller's band "The Grillseekers." Come check out your favorite student bands and Professor Muller's band rock out at Local 506! Admission is FREE for students, but please arrive early as the concert starts at 9. Professor Muller is making a generous donation to CPILO for summer grants based on the number of students attending.
Have a talent? March 19 is the annual law school talent show entitled 'Law Revue'! Start thinking today about how you will impress your fellow law students. Additional details coming soon.
Upcoming Men's BasketBall Games
2/11 - at Dook - 9pm
2/15 - at Miami - 7:45pm
2/18 - State - 8pm
2/28 - Georgia Tech - Noon
Tar Heel Baseball
Don't miss opening day at the new Bosh! The new baseball season featuring the pre-season #1 ranked UNC Tar Heels play at the beautifully renovated stadium on Fribary 2/20 at 3pm.
|Prime Time Basketball League||2/16-2/24|
More information can be found at campusrec.unc.edu. Interested in softball, but don't have a team? Email email@example.com with what league you are interested in men/co-ed/women and any background experience. Players of all skill levels welcome.